Guiding principles of my blog
This blog is the one special place online which I have designed for myself first, a site which I will love to look at everytime. Every other conventional rule of making a website comes second.
I write several posts in the WordPress backend, only some of which are published. I delete some of them, I keep some of them in draft mode. I use this space as a training ground for my writing, to bring clarity to my thoughts, for practicing to express myself better.
You won’t find any of the following annoying stuff here:
- Visitor tracking codes
- Social media sharing buttons
- Notification bars on top/bottom
- Subtle text and buttons asking for donations
- Fixed headers taking away screen real estate
- Giveaways, offers, discounts, coupons, free ebooks
- Popup asking permission to know your geo location
- Links to my social media profiles asking you to follow me
- Popup asking permission to send you browser notifications
- Meaningless images because I am unable to express my thoughts via text
- Subscription forms and popup windows asking you to subscribe to my content
On this website I provide information, solutions to problems, answers to questions, which I have come to know from my own experience and which I think others might be searching for.
I want this site to be easily discoverable via search engines by those who are seeking help, I want most of its content to be useful to others, while a small percentage of it will be about myself, my achievements and progress. A little ego boost.
This website is and will remain the only place online to hear from me. I don’t have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media account.
So if you like my blog then you’ll have to come visit from time to time to look at new posts. None of them are urgent or important, they can wait until your next visit. Once in a month is fine, I don’t write that frequently.
I appreciate your reading my posts. I wish you great success in your life.